We just published a new repository: WebKit-BB10 is a sibling to WebKit-PlayBook and WebKit-Smartphone and contains the sources for WebKit that were used in the beta 3, aka 10_0_09, release of BlackBerry 10. This was the release used last week during BlackBerry Jam America, in San José.
Also, as announced previously, we contribute continuously to WebKit.org. If you are interested in the changes, check our changeLog but beware that you will be forced to download the changelog as a file – there are too many changes to render as a pretty HTML page.
Or look for our contributions at the Surfin’ Safari blog; a quick pass at today’s front page showcases at least the following contributions:
- A color picker has been implemented for the BlackBerry port.
- Parsing and displaying for RSS 1.0, RSS 2.0 and Atom content is now supported by the BlackBerry port.
- The BlackBerry port enabled support for the getUserMedia API and blob responses for XHR.
- The BlackBerry 10 user-agent can now be selected in the Settings dialog…
- DNS Prefetching has been enabled for the BlackBerry WebKit port.
… and that is why your BlackBerry 10 browser rocks!